Children’s Trust Fund seeks to increase its capacity to meet all criteria for which it is responsible as the state chapter for Prevent Child Abuse America (PCAA). PCAA has established nine criteria to
determine whether a state has the structure, knowledge, skills, leadership and capacity to
function as its state chapter. Assistance is needed to more comprehensively address the nine
criteria of a high quality state PCAA chapter. The nine criteria are as follows:
- Basics of Organizational Accountability and Stability- having the organizational structure and capacity to operate with integrity and in a consistent and predictable manner.
- State Level Advocacy- being a voice for prevention and guiding the statewide network in effort to educate state and local policymakers on the value of prevention efforts.
- Common Mission- promoting a consistent mission of supporting and strengthening families to prevent child abuse and neglect.
- Common Identity- using the PCAA branding consistently at the national, state and local levels.
- Active Participation in the Activities of Prevent Child Abuse America- working closely with PCAA to promote efforts such as the annual “Pinwheels for Prevention” campaign and the rollout of educational videos such as Resilience and Paper Tigers.
- Statewide Scope of Influence and Activity in Child Abuse Prevention- having the capacity of statewide reach for education and programing related to child abuse and neglect prevention.
- Public Awareness- using the wide range of media and outreach options (i.e. print, social media, video, etc.) to assure a broad understanding of the issues of child abuse and neglect, and effective strategies for prevention.
- Information Resource- having the capacity to produce and/or purchase resources for training, professional development and building public knowledge of child abuse and neglect, and effective prevention strategies.
- Promotion of Promising Prevention Strategies- staying abreast of promising strategies for effectively strengthening and supporting families, and having the expertise to provide education and technical assistance.