Delaware’s Division of Public Health is seeking proposals for Breastfeeding Peer Counselor(s) to counsel WIC eligible Pregnant and Breastfeeding mothers.
- Peer Counselor will provide education, support and encouragement to WIC eligible pregnant and breastfeeding mothers. Contractor must provide private office for peer counseling.
- Peer Counselor will relay breastfeeding information to WIC eligible pregnant and breastfeeding women. Peer Counselor will remain current on breastfeeding information. WIC will not be responsible for continuing education expenses. All breastfeeding information and educational materials will be approved through WIC administrative office.
- Referrals by Breastfeeding Peer Counselor should be made when issues including but not limited to client’s health, medicines, and all other areas beyond scope of practice are in question.
- Peer Counselor will contact WIC eligible pregnant and breastfeeding women on a regular basis via: phone, in-person contact, classes, support groups, and any other necessary service.
- The contractor is responsible for ordering and purchasing approved educational material as well as envelopes and postage for mailings.
- Maintain the Private Breastfeeding Room and Area for Breastfeeding Moms, Babies and their children.
- Distribute and manage brerastpump