The Peninsula Council for Workforce Development is soliciting proposals to provide local youth with WIA program services. The council encompasses the Cities of Newport News, Hampton, Poquoson, Williamsburg and the counties of York, James City and Gloucester.
- Provide, to eligible youth seeking assistance in achieving academic and employment success, effective and comprehensive activities, which shall include a variety of options for improving educational and skill competencies and provide effective connections to employers
- Ensure on-going mentoring opportunities for eligible youth with adults committed to providing such opportunities
- Provide opportunities for basic education and vocational skills training to eligible youth
- Provide continued supportive services for eligible youth
- Provide incentives for recognition and achievement to eligible youth
- Provide opportunities for eligible youth to acquire skills from activities related to leadership development, decision-making, citizenship, and community services
The target population is at-risk youth ages 16-21 (16-21 for In-School youth, 17-21 for Out-of-School youth).