Salt Lake County, on behalf of Youth Services, “County” is soliciting proposals from qualified firms “Proposer” to provide life skills and mentoring workshop services for the transitional living program.
This RFP is intended to provide interested Proposers with sufficient minimum requirements. The requirements in the Scope of Work for this RFP are not intended to limit a proposal’s content or creativity. Proposers may submit innovative ideas, new concepts, and optional features in response to this RFP. Proposers are encouraged to expand upon the specifications to give additional evidence of their ability to provide the services requested in this RFP. However, Proposers must address the needs and requirements stated in the Scope of Work of this RFP.
The award of additional features beyond the minimum requirements is in the County’s sole discretion, and will be clearly identified in the resulting contract if it is deemed appropriate by the County and falls in line with the initial RFP Scope of Work.
Youth Services Milestone Transitional Living Program (TLP) is to end the cycle of homelessness and dependency by helping young adults become self- sufficient through access to safe housing, stable employment and connections to ongoing support and resources. Milestone TLP serves young adults ages 18 to 21 who are facing homelessness in Salt Lake County.
Scope of Work and Tasks to be Completed
The desired outcome for this service is a Life skills facilitator to provide workshops and learning activities and match each youth participant with a one to one mentor.
The desired outcomes for these services include a program that encompasses the following:
Youth will be better equipped to meet their life skills and self-sufficiency goals
- Youth will increase their problem solving skills
- Youth will develop a support network of caring adults who can mentor and guide them
- Youth will have increased opportunities for positive self-expression
- Youth will have increased opportunities and avenues for positive use of time
Scope of Work will include but may not be limited to the following providing life skills and mentoring workshop services for the transitional living program and approximately 25 clients. The workshops will include but not limited to topics such as:
- Provide life skills workshops and learning activities
- Provide life skills instructor(s), curriculum and accompanying materials
- Provide participation and goal achievement records for youth no less than once a month
- Attend partnership committee meetings
- Provide recruitment, training, coordination and support of all mentors and volunteers involved with TLP
- Monthly submittal of the Mentoring TLP Report See Exhibit B– Mentoring TLP Report
- Provide one-on-one mentor matching for all youth in TLP:
- Health Promotion
- Life Planning and Goal Setting
- Household Management and Budgeting
Contractor must ensure the safety of all participants on and off-site. County reserves the right to require an acceptable alternative to ensure the safety of all participants if the current location is deemed unacceptable.