The New York Community Trust is seeking grant applications to improve the field of Social Work.
The Foundation seeks to improve the field by integrating research, education, and practice.
The Goals of the Improving the Social Work Profession program are to:
1. Build an evidence base for social work intervention by funding:
- Projects that use both proven approaches and test new models; and
- Evaluation of the funded programs.
2. Innovate in the classroom and the field by:
- Supporting continuing education;
- Providing funding and scholarships for students and faculty; and
- Connecting training and research to communities.
3. Improve training in policy, management, and leadership by:
- Focusing on macro practice; and
- Examining licensing requirements.
4. Support research that enhances the ability of social workers to address many critical issues by:
- Identifying gaps in services; and
- Illuminating approaches that advance our work in other areas of grantmaking.