Shelby County Government is soliciting written proposals from interested organizations or professionals to provide evidence based prevention and outreach services that change community attitudes and responses to childhood exposure to violence for the Defending Childhood Initiative – Network for Overcoming Violence and Abuse (NOVA).
The Shelby County Office of Early Childhood and Youth (SCOECY) will fund up to four community
based organizations to implement an evidence based violence prevention program and/or Family
Nurturing Program in their community. This may include after school programs, grassroots
community groups, faith based organizations, neighborhood organizations or other established
nonprofit organizations currently working with children and families.
- Identify types of violence prevention programs. Examples include but are not limited to evidence based programs such as:
• Prenatal Nurturing Program
• Nurturing Parenting Programs
• Coaching Boys to Men
• Nurturing Program for Families in Recovery
• Parents and Adolescents
- Recruit up to 50 participants
- Train staff to deliver curriculum
- Participate in trainings