The Governor’s Office Continuum of Care for Severely Emotionally Disturbed Children (COC) is soliciting contractors to provide full-time staff to conduct peer support functions as part of the high-fidelity wraparound care management model administered by the Continuum of Care for Severely Emotionally Disturbed Children (COC).
Peer support is provided by families for families to assist in the assessment and service planning processes and these individuals play a critical role in putting the family at ease by helping them to navigate community resources. The unique perspective of these families should result in a higher level of engagement, satisfaction and success for families being served by COC.
Scope of Services Include:
- Participating in Plan of Care meetings
- Participate in IEP team meetings
- Participate as needed in other meetings pertaining to child’s involvement in order to model advocacy skills.
- Coaching and support of caregiver as needed during home visits, telephone contact, etc.
- Develop support networks
- Parent training on aspects of raising their child with a behavioral health challenge which may include parent involvement strategies and advocacy
- Staff training in regard to parent engagement and family-driven, youth-guided care.
- Community outreach