The Silicon Valley Community Foundation is seeking proposals from organizations that seek to close the middle school achievement gap, using an out of school strategy.
The foundation is seeking extended learning programs after school and summer programs that:
- Offer quality mathematics-specific instruction from staff with mathematics expertise.
- Offer curriculum that improves students’ problem-solving skills and requires a higher order of questioning, analyzing and reasoning.
- Build strong partnerships with parents, schools, school district administrators.
- Assess students proficiencies and use data to monitor progress and provide individualized instruction.
- Create a positive learning environment with high expectations for all student