The Office of Juvenile Justice Delinquency Prevention is seeking proposals for Children’s Advocacy Centers.
The goal of this solicitation is to fund four regional children’s advocacy centers that will provide a full complement of training, technical assistance, and information to develop and strengthen multidisciplinary team investigations and responses to child abuse, local centers, and state chapter organizations of children’s advocacy centers.
The states included in each of the four U.S. Census regions are:
- Northeast Region: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
- Southern Region: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia.
- Midwest Region: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.
- Western Region: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.
OJJDP will expect the regional children’s advocacy centers to:
- Provide training opportunities.
- Provide technical assistance.
- Develop publications and other resources.
- Coordinate the activities of Victims of Child Abuse programs.