The Dayton Public Schools (DPS) is seeking proposals from qualified,
experienced agencies/entities to provide preschool transition activities and services.
Requested activities and services include:
- Facilitating transition of children and families from preschool to kindergarten;
- Exploring and assessing school readiness issues community-wide;
- Facilitating the transition of children with and without disabilities from home, Dayton Public
- Schools’ preschool programs, and preschool/daycare programs into kindergarten;
- Promoting collaboration and community support for kindergarten, through the support of DPS’
- Title I School wide Building Leadership Teams (BLTs), school administration, teachers, parents, and community based early childhood program providers, etc.;
- Facilitating and providing primary literacy activities for students, teachers, and parents through various avenues, including DPS TV, to develop the skills needed to succeed in kindergarten.
- Providing and conducting professional development for preschool teachers in transitional activities for kindergarten readiness.