The Erie County Department of Social Services is soliciting proposals for mandated kinship preventive services.
- Assessing safety, stability, and permanence for diverted children and their families
- Developing and implementing service plans that ensure the safety and well-being of children
- Establishing and supporting long-term and appropriate permanency goals, by respectfully engaging both the birth parent(s) and relative caregiver(s).
- Offering services which support the family emotionally, socially, functionally, medically, and financially
- Protecting birth parent rights and safely facilitating reunification whenever possible
- Providing families with comprehensive information about available state-supported options to support the care of the child(ren)