- Provide individual assistance to parents of inpatient children and youth in relation to the youngster’s needs
- Encourage family participation by communicating directly with families in person or by phone.
- Represent the family perspective and function as liaison between parents and the facility, bringing family issues to the attention of staff and by serving on facility committees as assigned.
- Communicate regularly with community family support services regarding progress being made with families.
- Provide written information (handouts, articles, pamphlets and other publications) pertaining to children’s mental health.
- Work to ensure that parents are kept up-to-date with current hospital activities and initiatives, as well as local developments and events in children’s mental health.
A mandatory site visit is scheduled for Tuesday, January 26, 2016 at 10:00 am. Location of the site visit (sign in) will be at the Mohawk Valley Psychiatric Center, Wright Building, 1400 Noyes Street, Utica, NY 13502.