The Board of Commissioners of Torrance County, State of New Mexico is requesting proposals to act as Teen Court Coordinator for the County.
Scope of Services:
1. Provide coordination, evaluation—including impact and outcome, review and refinement of the existing Torrance County Teen Court Program;
2. Assist in the county-wide DWI Program to implement alcohol and drug-free alternative activities for youth and will also promote community awareness and change for DWI and underage drinking prevention;
3. Will network with other such programs in New Mexico
4. Will recruit and train adults to serve as guest judges and youth to serve as volunteer jurors; receive and screen referrals to the program; make initial contact with youth and parents or guardians to schedule initial interview; attend all Teen Court sessions; prepare or assist in the preparation of Teen Court forms; prioritize cases; assign cases specific times and locations; assign past defendants to cases; co-ordinate and supervise all trials, which may be conducted outside of traditional work hours (evenings);
5. Will become a member and actively participate in the Tri-County Juvenile Justice Board;
6. Will maintain proper records and submit program reports. This will include: maintaining database information on all teen court defendants and volunteers; personal, demographic, and tracking