The USDA is seeking contractors to oversee a public outreach education program that will reduce housing deficiencies and risks associated with childhood diseases and injuries. Coordination of the project will focus on managing sub awards to at least six states with the total funding allocation up to $180,000.
The grantee will coordinate outreach education programs in at least six states to pilot implementation of the Healthy Homes toolkit curriculum. This pilot training will be conducted for educators who will deliver training for the general public through the designated healthy homes curriculum.
Funding for sub awards should be based on scope of the project implementation for Healthy Homes and completion of the deliverable(s) outlined below:
- Develop a series of webinars to train sub awardess on the health Homes curriculum
- Utilize information from Healthy Homes toolkit to transfer technology using social media applications
- Develop or continue existing Healthy Homes Advisory Committees in selected states for guidance in project implementation and identification of emerging needs.
- Establish a network for sharing and exchange of information among the state partners
- Conduct assessment of the requirements and cost for developing a tablet and phone application with Healthy Homes information