The Administration for Children and Families (ACF) announces the availability of funds to be awarded for a National Center on Early Childhood Health and Wellness.
The Center will disseminate high-quality, research-informed resources and will provide training and technical assistance (T/TA) to Head Start and Early Head Start agencies, state child care agencies, and other early care and education settings across regions, states, tribes and territories.
The resources and technical assistance will address services to pregnant women and the health, safety and school readiness of infants, toddlers, and preschool children (from birth to age five).
In addition, the Center will provide resources and technical assistance to:
- Improve the health and safety of Early Care and Education (ECE) settings;
- Promote positive child health outcomes for children participating in ECE programs;
- Increase preventive services related to health outcomes;
- Promote access to continuous, accessible health services for children and families;
- Promote mental wellness and resiliency for staff, children, pregnant women, and families; and
- Strengthen networks and coordination of ECE programs and child health professionals.