The Initiative Foundation is seeking proposals from area organizations for Workforce, Early Education and Disaster Relief Programs.
Minnesota nonprofits and agencies in Benton, Cass, Chisago, Crow Wing, Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs, Morrison, Pine, Sherburne, Stearns, Todd, Wadena, and Wright Counties are eligible to apply.
All grants must support projects that address at least one of the following areas:
– Help communities address opportunities or barriers to business growth and employment with active participation by private, public and nonprofit sectors.
– Advance economic security for vulnerable children and families through program or organizational capacity building efforts.
– Support community-based early childhood efforts to advance literacy, school readiness and access to dental services.
– Support training for future, displaced or underemployed workers that lead to employment or advancement in growing industries.
– Help small businesses survive and grow through access to services, mentorship and education efforts.
– Support planning for community-based recreational amenities such as trail networks that enhance regional quality of life to attract and retain skilled workers and young families.
– Develop local response and recovery efforts associated with significant natural disasters.