The Michigan Department of Human Services is seeking contractors to coordinate the Strong Families Safe Children program in Missaukee County and Wexford County.
The Strong Families/Safe Children offers a wide range of services including the following:
Home-based family support and home-based crisis intervention services.
Foster and adoptive parent recruitment/education.
Post adoption support services.
The coordination of this program includes:
- Assist in planning/coordinating SF/SC meetings.
- Facilitate the development of the SF/SC service plan and any plan amendments.
- Attend SF/SC meetings as requested by the DHS Director/Designee to address SF/SC issues.
- If requested, conduct focus groups related to SF/SC funded activities.
- Collect and develop local DHS service outcome and objective data. Report data to the DHS local office and complete the SF/SC Annual Report on forms provided by DHS.
- As directed by DHS, track, gather, collect and regularly review county-wide data relevant to comprehensive child and family services planning related to local out-of-home placement numbers, rates, and trends.