The Wayne County Regional Educational Service Agency (RESA), established by the Michigan Legislature in 1960, is the largest of 56 such agencies throughout the state. It is governed by a publicly elected Board of Education. RESA provides a wide variety of service to 33 public school districts in Wayne County, Michigan; serving over 350,000 students. RESA through various arrangements provides a variety of services to other educational agencies throughout the state of Michigan. This bid seeks to establish an agreement for a Student Information System (SIS), Special Education Team for training and technical support to Detroit Public Schools.
The Wayne County Regional Educational Service Agency (RESA) is requesting proposals, for contractors to provide a Student Information System (SIS), Special Education Team for training and technical support to Detroit Public Schools Office of Specialized Student Services (O.S.S.S.) The contactors team will ensure the Student Information System (SIS) Special Education components are successfully implemented within Detroit public Schools on behalf of Wayne RESA. Wayne RESA is looking for 2 year contract with an option for Three (3) additional one (1) year contracts if mutually agreeable.
Electronic forms of all bid documents are available online at: http://www.resa.net/services/purchasing/rfp
A successful contractor must present a plan for the delivery of the identified services for each school served and also a plan for how these services will be assessed. Included in the proposal should be the contractor’s suggested criteria for successful performance of the contract.
The proposal must include:
- A proposed annual rate for all services that includes out-of-pocket expenses.
- A description of the capacity to provide services, the level of expertise of all personnel.
- Evidence of the organization’s competence and experience in the delivery of the proposed or similar services including experience and familiarity with the systems and applications used by the district related to this work.
- A plan for the delivery of identified services.
- A proposal to evaluate the impact of the provided services.
- A rationale for awarding the contract to the contractor, including (a) Vendor’s general reputation for performance and service; (b) Vendor’s longevity of service (number of years) and previous experience; (c) Years of continuous business; (d) Vendor’s financial condition; and (e) staff qualifications.
This contract is for a Two (2) year contract with an option for Three (3) additional one (1) year contracts if mutually agreeable. The 3 subsequent annual extensions are contingent upon funding, satisfactory performance determined by Wayne RESA and Detroit Public Schools. Criteria for satisfactory performance will be negotiated when a formal contract is executed and partially based on the criteria for successful performance suggested by the contractor.
A successful contractor must participate with Wayne RESA in conducting timely and meaningful consultation with appropriate school officials. This consultation will determine the services to be delivered during the contract years. At a minimum, the following issues must be discussed:
- How district needs will be identified
- What services will be offered when
- How, where and by whom the services will be provided
- How the services will be assessed
- The size and scope of the equitable services
- The sources of data used to determine the staff to be served
- How the delivery of services will be evaluated
- A date established to provide a report on the services delivered