“This RFP is to procure a provider for Parenting Time (Visitation) Support Services for families that are in need of supervised visitations. Parenting Time (Visitation) Support Services provides supervised parenting time for parents and their children allowing the interaction to take place in a safe environment while promoting healthy relationships…
The Contractor shall:
- Accept referrals from MDHHS via fax or email. The written referral shall identify:
- Date of Referral
- Name of each client to be provided service
- The address and contact information of the referred client(s)
- Reasons for referral
- Discuss case dynamics
- Parenting time restrictions including who can and cannot attend parenting time, court ordered restrictions, etc.
- Parenting time needs
- The goals and objectives identified in the Parent Agency Treatment Plan which includes the Parenting Time Plan and schedule
- The referring worker’s emergency on call phone number
If the Contractor is unable to accept a referral, the referring worker must be notified within one business day via email or phone.
- Establish contact with the client by telephone within five calendar days from the date of the written referral to explain the service, determine the clients willingness to participate, and to establish a mutually agreeable date to conduct a home visit at the individual’s residence or a location mutually agreed upon by the individual and Contractor.
If the client cannot be reached by telephone, the Contractor must follow up with written correspondence within seven calendar days of the written referral.
The Contractor shall notify the referring worker within 14 calendar days of the written referral if contact is not made with the client(s).
- Meet separately with the custodial parent/Guardian/foster parent and the visiting party to discuss scheduling, child behaviors, and services to be provided within 14 calendar days of the written referral.
- Arrange and schedule parenting time as consistent as possible in order to establish regularity for the children and all parties involved. Submit schedule to referring worker for approval. The referring worker shall review, approve and notify the Contractor within three business days of receipt of a submitted parenting time schedule. Scheduling of parenting time must be done with primary consideration for the parents’ time commitments which may include employment and mandated service requirements. The Contractor shall institute a flexible schedule to provide a number of hours outside of the traditional workday to accommodate the schedules of the individuals involved.
- Provide supervised parenting time for parents with their children, allowing the child to interact with their parents in a safe environment while promoting a healthy relationship.
- Promote development of family relationships by allowing the family to take the lead and make choices and encourage a routine and structure that may be adapted to home life with the child/ren.
- Document the dates, times and locations of parenting time. Include family members in attendance, observations of skills that parents used and activities the parent and child(ren) completed during the supervised parenting time, and feedback and/or information provided to the parent during or after parenting time on a format developed in collaboration with MDHHS.
- Provide information and helpful suggestions to the parents on parenting skills, limit setting, etc. as needed, depending on their case dynamics, family needs and visitation goals.
- Connect the parent(s) with community resources, if needs arise.
- Transport and transition children or parents to and from each parenting time as requested by referring worker. Transportation time can be used to prepare children/parents for visitation by talking about previous visit, encouraging communication and positive interactions.
- Meet face-to-face with each referred family (parents and children in attendance) weekly for a minimum of one hour, unless specified by referring worker. Parenting time shall occur in a family-friendly setting such as the foster home, Agency Office, the home of extended family members or community locations (such as a park, library or restaurant) that are mutually agreeable to the referring worker and family.
- If a parenting time needs to be rescheduled due to a Contractor issue, the Contractor will provide notification within five business days prior to the visit, with all parties reaching agreement as to the alternate date, so that visits are not missed.
- Provide testimony in court at the request of referring worker as to what was observed during parenting time.
- Notify the referring worker by telephone or email of each appointment missed by each referred family (parents and children) within one working day of the missed appointment.
- Provide referring worker with written monthly individual client progress reports by the 10th calendar day of each month which shall include all elements identified in the Reporting Requirements.