The Educational Achievement Authority of Michigan is seeking responses from qualified entities to provide Parental Involvement Programs during the 2014-2015 school year.
Proposer shall provide comprehensive Parental Involvement Programs to parents of EAA students. The goal is to increase the participation of parents in regular and meaningful communication in an effort to increase student achievement in English Language Arts, Math, Science and/or Social Studies. Studies have found that students with involved parents are more likely to earn high grades and test scores, pass their classes and earn credits, attend school regularly and graduate and go on to postsecondary education.
Services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide a flexible program that should be available to parents during school hours or after school hours depending upon the school.
- Creating workshops designed for parents as beneficial resources for the child’s classrooms. Include workshops that will assist with parents’ personal and leadership development.
- Creating workshops designed for teachers/principals on effective ways to work with parents.
- Providing a school approved survey to parents as needed for program evaluation.
- Describe other activities, such as parent resource centers, to encourage and support parents in more fully participating in the education of their children.
- Proposers should explain fully how their approach and their company can provide a community “grass roots” level of service to the EAA.