The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services is seeking a contractor to manage a mentoring program for transition-aged foster youth.
The purpose of this agreement is to create a structured, long-lasting and compatible relationship between a mentor and mentored youth that focuses on the needs of the youth and encourages the youth to develop to their fullest potential.
Programs will pair volunteer mentors and youth based on information such as common interests, hobbies, backgrounds, availability, preferences, life experiences, temperament.
Contractor responsibilities include (not limited to):
- Provide a mentor supervisor who is committed to and capable of fulfilling the mentoring services as described
- Accept referrals from local DHHS offices for youth seeking a mentor
- Recruit volunteer mentors
- Interview and screen mentors
- Arrange mentor matches with youth
- Develop a list of community and other resources for utilizing free or reduced cost opportunities and activities