The Michigan Department of Human Services is seeking contractors to provide services to eligible youth within the Foster Care Independent Living Plus Program (ILP)
The ILP program provides staff supported housing and services for youth ages 16 through 19 who because of their individual needs and assessment, are not initially appropriate for general Independent Living (IL) foster care. These youth may have a demonstrated history of unsuccessful foster care placements. This program is also designed as a post-placement resource for:
- Youth leaving residential foster care who cannot return home.
- Youth who cannot be placed into a family foster home.
- Youth for whom adoption is not planned.
- Youth who have demonstrated a capacity for and willingness to learn independent living skills in a supervised, structured ILP program prior to transitioning into an IL foster care placement.
- Case Management
- Family Team Meetings
- Case Acceptance and Treatment Plan