This RFP is to procure a provider for assistance to families that are at risk of having their children removed from their home due to child abuse and/or neglect, and/or to families that are in need of supervised visitations.
The Family Assistance Program is an in-home service which provides guidance for the parents and children to increase the parents’ confidence and competence in their parenting abilities to successfully nurture their children and provide them with a healthy and safe environment. In addition, the Contractor shall provide, as needed, supervised parenting time for parents and their children allowing the interaction to take place in a safe environment while promoting healthy relationships.
For Child Protection/Community Partners (CPCP) Funding:
- Children and families investigated by MDHHS Children’s Protective Services within the previous 18 months where MDHHS determines there is a “preponderance of evidence” of child abuse or neglect (Category III).
- Children and families investigated by MDHHS Children’s Protective Services within the previous 18 months and there is not a “preponderance of evidence” of abuse or neglect but future risk (Category IV).
For Child Safety and Permanency Plans (CSPP) Funding:
- Families with an open MDHHS Children’s Protective Services case (Category I, II and III).
- Families with one or more children in MDHHS supervised out-of-home placement (including Juvenile Justice).
- Families open to prevention services with MDHHS Local Office exception.
- MDHHS adoptive families for whom a need for post adoptive services has been identified by MDHHS to prevent disruption or dissolution.
Time – Limited Family Reunification Services shall be provided to Parents and Primary Caregiver(s) who:
- are responsible for the care and supervision of minor child(ren) and
- have a MDHHS open case in out-of-home placement with family reunification as the goal.
- Families are eligible only within the 15 month period that begins on the date the child is considered to have entered foster care.
The Contractor shall provide services described herein in the following geographic area: Wexford and Missaukee Counties.