“Within its broad focus on mental health, the Foundation is interested in encouraging and attracting innovative and practical programs in areas which:
1. increase the accessibility of the poor and needy to mental-health services;
2. offer preventive and early-intervention strategies;
3. advocate for systemic change with local or national impact.
The Foundation is not active in programs for intellectual disability or physical disability. Grants are not made for endowments, capital projects, annual fund-raising drives, or in support of international activities and institutions. No grants in direct support of individuals are made by the Foundation under any circumstances.
The application process has two steps:
1. You must first submit a letter of inquiry
2. Following a review by Foundation staff, submission of an invitation-only proposal”
Excerpted from van Amerigen Foundation, Inc.’s Granting Criteria