- To produce an RFR that promotes equity in services, supports and positive outcomes for people who have experienced domestic violence.
- To work toward the elimination of domestic violence in Massachusetts
GOALS OF THE PROCUREMENT RECOMMENDATIONS GROUP
- Make recommendations in key areas to inform Procurement Management Team decisions about a framework, models and services for the RFR; and to consider available research and data sets in crafting these recommendations.
- In areas where research/data is not currently available, propose information-gathering activities to:
- Understand how people who have experienced domestic violence access and negotiate formal and informal supports to achieve safety and well-being, and to accomplish their goals.
- Understand geographical and cultural differences in the experiences and needs of these individuals across the state.
- Understand what’s working and what isn’t working in current DCF-funded DV program models, from the perspective of people who have experienced domestic violence and from those providing services within those program models.
Consider promising models and approaches to DV from other states (and perhaps other countries) and their applicability in Massachusetts.