Montgomery County, Department of Health and Human Services is seeking contractors to provide Regional Youth Services (RYS) programs for children and adolescents, and their families. The RYS programs consist of a basic set of prevention, early intervention and specialized services deemed necessary as determined by the needs of each of five “Geographic Areas” in Montgomery County, Maryland.
The objectives of the RYS program are:
- To provide community and school-based prevention and early intervention mental health services to school-age youth in five “Geographic Areas” in Montgomery County, Maryland.
- To provide services to children and adolescents who do not have serious observable mental or behavioral health problems, but who have, or are at risk of developing, mental/emotional/ behavioral health problems that are mild to moderate in nature.
- To provide services that are aligned with local community needs.
The services that RYS provides for children and adolescents, and their families, include:
- information and referral
- youth, family and group counseling
- parent education
- community outreach
- other special services addressing community needs