“SW1. SCOPE OF WORK:
A. The City of Baltimore is seeking proposals to procure transportation services for the Infants and Toddlers Program further described in the Detailed Specifications of this solicitation…
DS1 GENERAL SCOPE
A. The Contractor Shall:
(1) Provide safe and timely curb to curb services to infants, toddlers, and families participating in program according to the following terms and conditions:
(2) Provide at least two primary service vehicles with the capability to transport 15 participants (including a minimum of two infants/toddlers car seats per vehicle).
(3) Provide transportation services to children and family participants attending programs at various evaluation centers Monday through Friday, between the hours of 7:30 am and 5:30 pm.
(4) Provide transportation services Saturdays, between the hours of 10:00 am and 2:00 pm, on a bi-monthly or as needed.
(5) Provide any and all management, supervision, labor, materials, and equipment necessary and incidental to properly provide transportation services under this contract.
(6) Plan the most expedient routes to obtain the greatest degree of efficiency and to make the best use of driver and vehicle resources.
(7) Ensure its drivers not smoke in vehicles or in the presence of clients or children.
(8) Ensure its drivers assist clients with placing strollers and other equipment in the vehicle.
B. Provide sober, reliable, trained, and experienced drivers with the proper license and background check as required by the laws of the State of Maryland.
(1) Provide training to its drivers so that they know their routes.
(2) Provide drivers experienced with their routes and their vehicles, courteous with participants, families, and staff.
C. BITP will provide no labor, material, or equipment under this agreement.
D. BITP will provide:
(1) schedules one week in advance;
(2) Daily updated revisions to the participant schedule; and
(3) Last minute changes regarding participant add-ons and cancellations.”
–Excerpted from City of Baltimore Department of Finances Bureau of Purchases’ Request for Proposals for Transportation Services for the Infants and Toddlers Program (Scope of Work, Submission Instructions and Bidder Forms) Part 1 of 2