The Delaware Workforce Development Board (DWDB) is soliciting proposals for out of school youth programs.
Youth program proposals will target the neediest of youth aged 16-24 who are not attending any school. Providers will recruit all youth.
Contractors must provide:
- Activities leading to the attainment of a secondary school diploma or its recognized equivalent, or a recognized postsecondary credential
- Preparation for postsecondary educational and training opportunities;
- Strong linkages between academic instruction and occupational education that lead to the attainment of recognized postsecondary credentials
- Effective connections to employers, including small employers, in in-demand industry sectors and occupations of the local and regional labor markets
- Preparation for unsubsidized employment opportunities, in appropriate cases