The Connecticut Department of Children and Families (DCF) seeks contractors to provide services to youth in DCF region: 3 (Middletown, Norwich and Willimantic), Region: 5 (Danbury, Torrington and Waterbury), and Region: 6 (New Britain and Meriden) using service delivery models or techniques consistent with those delivered through Juvenile Review boards. A Juvenile Review Board is a group of local volunteer professionals who are committed to providing juveniles and their families with a more positive and therapeutic alternative to the Juvenile Justice System and serves as a diversionary solution based on a Balance and Restorative Justice approach.
Regional collaboration is encouraged.
The goal of the program will be to effectively impact outcomes for youth served by Juvenile Review Boards. The Support and Enhancements program will provide funding to enhance Juvenile Review Board services; better assist families to access services not available in the community (e.g. positive youth development, tutoring and transportation), increase Juvenile Review Board capacity and success rates.
- Process requests from Juvenile Review Boards for enhancements
- Prioritize requests for enhancements and ensure maximum benefit throughout region
- Deliver service directly or necessary funding to selected Juvenile Review Board
- Gather utilization, process and youth outcomes for all provided enhancements
- Review usage of requested enhancements on a quarterly basis to reevaluate and adjust unutilized funding
- Maintain a knowledge base of juvenile justice trends, changes in local resources or initiatives that will impact the needs of the Juvenile Review Boards as detailed below under applicant’s proposal section
- Report outcomes related to that service and funding distribution
- Participate in monthly Juvenile Review Boards meetings held with the Department
- Participate in site visits with Department liaisons