Yolo County, Department of Employment and Social Services, is seeking contractors to provide county youth with employment and career exploration services. The program is for youth between the ages of 14 and 21 residing in the Yolo County cities/communities of Brooks, Capay, Clarksburg, Davis, Dunnigan, Esparto, Guinda, Knight’s Landing, Madison, Rumsey, West Sacramento, Winters, Woodland, Yolo, and Zamora.
Required program elements include:
- Tutoring, study skills training, and instruction leading to the completion of secondary school including dropout prevention strategies
- Alternative secondary school services
- Summer employment opportunities directly linked to academic and occupational learning
- Paid and unpaid work experiences, including internships and job shadowing
- Occupational skill training
- Leadership development opportunities
- Supportive services
- Adult mentoring for the period of participation
- Follow-up services for not less than 12 months after exit
- Comprehensive guidance and counseling
The proposal must include how the applicant will ensure at least 30% of funds are spent on out-of-school youth.