The California Conservation Corps is seeking proposals for on site counseling for Corps members.
Young adults in the program receive programs in work readiness, literacy, career development, conservation awareness, community activist and basic education.
The On-Site Counseling Program is a component of a the comprehensive program to assist Corpsmembers, who are age 18-25, in exploring how they can contribute to their personal development.
The selected counselor will be expected to provide the following:
- Individual counseling appointments
- Group counseling sessions
- Support groups to discuss issues including, but not limited to, anger management, stress reduction, depression, cultural diversity, etc.
- Corpsmember classes to instill skills in communication, conflict resolution, community living, or other life skills that will help corpsmembers to be successful during their CCC experience and beyond.
- Corpsmember referral to community services (when appropriate)
- Staff consultation services
- No more than 2 different counselors assigned to the center