The County of Santa Clara Social Services Agency (County), in collaboration with the Santa Clara County Child Abuse Council to submit proposals for the delivery of services related to Child Abuse Prevention and Intervention Programs.
Funding will be provided for innovative community-based programs, including those that address poverty issues, for the prevention and intervention services related to child abuse in Santa Clara County.
1. Culturally-sensitive parenting education classes and support groups.
2. Trauma-informed counseling for victims of child abuse or neglect not otherwise covered by Medi-Cal or other funding.
3. Prevention programs for children 0 to 5 years of age, school-aged children, and youth which may include programs addressing child abduction and Commercially Sexually-Exploited Children.
4. Media outreach and community education to increase public awareness, available services and programs that address child abuse or neglect, poverty related issues and/or the disproportionate representation of the target population for outreach or education.
5. Programs which address underserved and marginalized populations.
6. High quality home visiting programs based on research based models of best practice.