San Bernardino County, through its Local Workforce Development Board (LWDB) and the Workforce Development Department (WDD) is seeking proposals from interested and qualified Proposers to conduct 24-month programs providing career development youth services.
All proposers must be able to provide directly or through linkages all of the below WIOA Program Elements to enrolled youth.
1. Tutoring, study skills training, and instruction leading to the completion of secondary school, including dropout prevention strategies
2. Alternative secondary school services, or dropout recovery services
3. Paid/unpaid work experiences that have as a component academic and occupational education
4. Occupational skill training
5. Education offered concurrently with and in the same context as workforce preparation activities and training for a specific occupation
6. Leadership development opportunities
7. Supportive services
8. Adult mentoring for the period of participation
9. Follow-up services for not less than 12 months after completion of participation
10. Comprehensive guidance and counseling
11. Financial literacy education
12. Entrepreneurial skills training
13. Services that provide labor market and employment information
14. Activities that help youth prepare for and transition to postsecondary education and training