Maricopa County through its Human Services Department (MCHSD), Maricopa Workforce Connections (MWC), and Maricopa County Workforce Development Board (MCWDB) is soliciting qualified contractors for the delivery of effective and innovative Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) services for county youth.
These services shall be provided to eligible in-school and out-of-school youth ages 14-24 as required under the provisions of Title I of WIOA.
The purpose of youth programs under WIOA is to move away from short-term interventions and offer youth a broad range of coordinated services by providing opportunities for assistance in both academic and occupational learning, the development of leadership skills, preparing for further education, and entering employment. WIOA youth programs will provide a needed continuum of services to help primarily disconnected youth navigate between the educational and workforce systems.
- Intake and Enrollment
- Intake Assessments
- WIOA Orientation
- Individual Service Strategy
- Referral to Service Providers
- Comprehensive Case Management
- Monitoring and Oversight of Service Providers
- Service providers will be evaluated on an ongoing basis to verify services are provided as contracted.
- Evaluations will include a review of the quality of services provided, the performance outcomes, the program costs, the integrity of fiscal systems and administrative controls, and the adherence to the terms of the contract.