ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMIC SECURITY (ADES) VISION AND MISSION STATEMENT
ADES Vision: Opportunity, assistance and care for Arizonans in need.
ADES Mission: The Arizona Department of Economic Security (Department) makes Arizona stronger by helping Arizonans reach their potential through temporary assistance for those in need, and care for the vulnerable.
Purpose Statement: This service develops and provides information, training, supports, and resources about developmental disabilities to Interested Individuals, individuals with developmental disabilities, their family members, and caregivers to increase and enhance their understanding of developmental disabilities.
Legal Authority: A.R.S. §41-1954.A.6 provides the Department the authority to contract and incur obligations within the general scope of its activities and operations.
Projected Awards: It is the intent of the Department to make one (1) award for the service delivery throughout the State. The anticipated start date is January 1, 2017. The contract will be established with an initial contract term of one (1) year with extension options.
Taxonomy Definition: Services that provide for a wide range of personal, interpersonal, situational and functional guidance.
Actual Service Description: This service provides information and training to Interested Individuals, individuals with developmental disabilities, their family members, and caregivers to enhance their understanding of issues pertaining to developmental disabilities. This service:
- Develops training programs, recruits, and provides training to Interested Individuals, individuals with developmental disabilities, their family members and caregivers on a variety of subjects applicable to developmental disabilities;
- Arranges and monitors paired matches between trained and qualified Family and Peer Support Personnel and individuals with developmental disabilities, their family members, caregivers, or other Interested Individuals;
- Provides outreach to, and communicates with, professionals in various fields to increase their awareness and understanding of, and effectiveness in, working with individuals with developmental disabilities, their families and caregivers;
- Researches topics of current interest, develops content, writes articles, produces, and distributes a quarterly newsletter for the benefit of the target population; and
- Provides Family and Peer Support Services throughout Arizona. In the event the Contractor subcontracts any part of this service to a third-party (Subcontractor), the Subcontractor shall use the Contractor’s identical program and documents, unless otherwise approved or directed by the Division.