The State of Delaware Department of Education Caesar Rodney School District on behalf of the Kent Co. Alternative Schools Consortium is seeking services for students who have been identified as disruptive.
The Department of Education seeks professional services to provide a comprehensive program of individualized educational, psychological, and social services to severely disruptive students in grades 6-12 who have been expelled, recommended for expulsion or recommended for an alternative program by one of the constituent school districts.
- Communicate the plans to the students’ families and to the sending schools/districts.
- Develop and deliver a curriculum that is aligned with Delaware Department of Education requirements. In addition, to academics, the curriculum must include a component that addresses social/emotional development.
- Provide instruction/course work that will maintain or improve students’ academic functioning
- Remediate students’ basic skills deficiencies
- Develop Individual Improvement Plans (IIPs)
Develop students’ study skills
Provide individual and group counseling as specified in students’ comprehensiveplans.Provide each student with counseling/instruction aimed toward the development of individual, realistic vocational plans.Develop and implement behavior modification and intervention strategies for studentsUtilize a school wide positive behavior system or program