This summer, The Imprint is offering a series of deep-dive webinars on the approved services under the Family First Prevention Services Act in three separate categories: parenting, substance abuse and mental health services. Here’s everything you need to know about the next session in the series.
TITLE: When Entitlements Collide: How Medicaid Affects the Family First Act
WEBINAR DATE: August 19, 2019
TIME: 10 a.m. PST/ 1 p.m. EST
With the Family First Prevention Services Act set to take effect in October, there are still some lingering questions about how the complex federal mandate will play out. No issue is generating more interest and angst than the way the new law interacts with Medicaid, the massive federal and state partnership that provides physical and mental health services to millions of low-income Americans.
We’ll discuss how Family First’s “payer of last resort” status impacts use of the law’s prevention services; how the law might expose challenges in funding residential health services; and take as many questions as possible!
- Heather Baker, Manager of Human Services for Public Consulting Group
- Pat Johnston, Director of Public Policy, National Association for Children’s Behavioral Health
This webinar will be moderated by The Imprint‘s Editor-in-Chief John Kelly.
All our webinars are free for subscribers!
Here’s how to register for this session:
- If you’re not a subscriber: Sign up for an annual subscription now and use coupon code FAMFIRST20 at check-out to save $20. Just hit the green button below.
- If you’re already a subscriber: Look for an email with a special coupon code that will allow you to register for free. If you don’t see it, send an email to [email protected].
- If you want to sign up for this webinar only, without subscribing: Register on Eventbrite using this link. Cost is $29.95.