- This event has passed.
Webinar: Impact Giving to Support Women and Girls of Color
November 4, 2015 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am$25
When: Wednesday, November 4th at 10am-11:30am PST
Registration: $25 (free for subscribers to The Imprint and/or Inside Philanthropy)
Led by: Kiersten Marek, LICSW. Marek is a clinical social worker in Rhode Island, and a Senior Editor for Los Angeles-based Inside Philanthropy, where she writes about economic and social philanthropy.
Presenters will include: Pamela Shifman, Executive Director of the NoVo Foundation. From 2008-2014, Shifman served as the foundation’s Director of Initiatives for Girls and Women. Dr. C. Nicole Mason, Executive Director of the Center for Research and Policy in the Public Interest at the New York Women’s Foundation and author of The Southern Rural Black Women’s Initiative‘s new report,”Unequal Lives,” will present on the study, which speaks directly to the problem of lack of giving for women and girls of color in the South. Oleta Fitzgerald, Southern Regional Director of the Children’s Defense Fund will present information from the report on the lives of Southern Black women.
Description: Participants will learn about and strategize for “impact giving” to support women and girls of color. Sponsored by Inside Philanthropy and The Imprint, this webinar will be a first-of-its-kind online gathering to discuss the research on funding needs for women and girls of color, including the need for increased services for violence prevention, workforce development, access to education, and leadership development.
- Discuss the most compelling data available on why this is a pressing need in philanthropy
- Provide information on what is happening so far in philanthropy to zero in on this population
- Identify action steps to make funding for the needs of this population a priority
Young women leaders from communities of color will offer their insights on funding and strategic priorities for this movement. The audience will be encouraged to ask questions or offer comments.
Here’s how to sign up:
- SUBSCRIBERS: Fill out the registration page here. We’ll take care of the rest!
- Step 1: Pay $25 using the PayPal Add-to-Cart button below, or subscribe to Inside Philanthropy OR The Imprint (use coupon code Webinar2015 and save 50% on The Imprint!)
- Step 2: Fill out the registration page here.
Questions? Call 510.393.1344 or email [email protected]